Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Transition

Isla is growing so fast, right in front of our eyes. I think a big part is my adjusting perspective, as she is about to become a "big kid", the middle child and, most importantly, not the baby of the family. I often forget that she is only eighteen months old, still just a babe herself, since she has seemingly assigned herself so many roles outside of her small stature.

Mine

I know that children have old souls--I can feel it every time I look into my own babies' eyes. But her expressions, her range of emotion, her uncanny abilities at her age have convinced me that not only will she never be merely ordinary but she is already extraordinary, above and beyond anything I could've ever expected from my daughter. My daughter! I can barely believe how lucky I am.

Oho

1 comment: