Monday, July 20, 2009

Inspiration

Inspired by a favorite blog of mine, I am going to keep it simple today: 

Outside my window...
A soft cloud cover and a nice breeze. For Kentucky in July, anyways.

I am thinking...

About everything that still needs to be done before this little one arrives! I am 39 weeks pregnant today.

I am thankful for...

A beautiful, clean home and children who are willing to participate in quiet time today.

From the kitchen...
Curried lentils and rice for dinner. We made such a large batch this weekend that we have plenty leftover. And fortunately, it is delicious enough that you never get sick of it!

I am wearing...
Stretchy black yoga pants and a black maternity t-shirt. I will be happy to retire my maternity clothes very soon!

I am creating...
A peaceful, restful place to give birth to this baby. Candles, incense, a book I'm saving for labor, newborn diapers, blankets, clean sheets and towels. And lots and lots of lavender (my favorite.) 

I am going...
To have a nice, sugary iced mocha after dinner tonight. I've been looking forward to it! 

I am reading...
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in preparation for seeing the movie next week (maybe!)

I am praying...
That this baby arrives safely and that I have the strength and ability to make that happen.

I am hearing...
The sound of an older brother reading patiently to his little sister. It's wonderful and magical when siblings play together.

Around the house...
The ceiling fans are whirring, the freezer just kicked on and I'm contemplating a glass of lemonade before dinner. 

One of my favorite things...
This new incense that is burning right now. I think it's cedar wood...?

A few plans for the rest of the week...
A trip to the health food store and my grandparents' farm tomorrow, the farmers' market on Wednesday, a play date on Friday and lots and lots of hope for the newest member of our family to grace us with his/her presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment