Monday, August 17, 2009

Where did the time go?

We've been so busy I've barely noticed that I am still pregnant! Well, okay, I noticed quite a bit but at least this time has flown by. No one is pregnant forever and goodness knows, I will probably cherish these moments as a mother of two when I am a mother of three (!). 

We've had three birthday parties, several play groups, a trip to the Museum Center, a date night for the grown-ups (which translates as a date night at Grandma and Pop's house for Liam and Isla), the farmers' market and many, many bowls of popcorn and family movie evenings when its been too hot to go out and play. Right now, we are listening to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban while in the car and we just finished Ramona the Pest. I highly recommend audio books as a means of entertainment in the car--it feels more relaxing than music and it is so easy to get sucked into a good story that I don't even want to turn it off when we arrive at our destination! I'm not too concerned about the age appropriateness with audio books--I feel like my children have been exposed to adult conversation for the majority of their existence and something like Harry Potter or Beverly Cleary is perfectly harmless. 

The baby will come when he/she is ready. I can hardly contain my excitement, but it is nothing compared to what Liam is going through right now. I've never seen a more attentive, thoughtful and absolutely delighted big brother. He is just amazing. Isla, of course, doesn't actually realize what is going on but I know her loving, sweet nature will come in quite handy with a little brother or sister. Liam wakes up every morning asking if the baby is here yet and lamenting his/her tardiness. Isla wakes up and wants breakfast immediately but I can relate. I'm not much of a morning person either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment